Comparing RPM 6.1 Elite and Select
Following is the summary of the features supported by RPM Remote Print Manager® Elite version 6.0 which are not found in the Select 6.0 version. For a side by side feature comparison see RPM 6.1 Differences.
- HP PCL to PDF conversion: you can convert incoming HP PCL printer files to PDF. This process has a number of options which may be helpful in your print processing, including:
- merge the PDF file to be start or end of an existing file, for instance, to accumulate customer mailings in a given print run, or attach graphics-rich boilerplate to your PDF document
- use an existing PDF file as a template, for instance, an overlay
- supports complex graphics-rich documents
Please see the RPM Elite HP PCL to PDF page for details.
- Data extraction: you can extract fields from your print data (plain text) and use to override your outputs, such as an archive file name or email destination. We have a step-by-step page and a video which illustrate the process
- Copy to dynamic queue: the Copy Queue action supports using dynamic data for the destination queue; this is the essence of dynamic job routing
- PDF security is supported on all PDF conversions, including the PDF password for both user and group; as well as author, keyword, subject, read only, no print, no copy, etc.
- Text watermark: you can apply an image file to appear in the background of a print job going to the text print action. The image is written to the page and the text of your print job is written on top of the image in transparent mode. For more details go to the RPM Elite text watermark page.
- PDF watermark: you can apply an image file to appear in the background of a PDF document you create via the "text markup to PDF" transform. Like the text watermark, the document text is written on top of the image in transparent mode.
- Scheduler settings let you change the order in which RPM will process print jobs
- Filter transform provides the opportunity to make custom changes to your print data as it's being processed, in line with the other transforms. The alternative is to send the print job to a filter action, and then send the result back to a different queue for further processing. RPM Elite uses the filter transform internally for HP PCL to PDF conversion, and for rendering the images used by text and PDF watermarks. For more information please see the RPM Elite filter transform page.
- JetPCL: we now offer a demo version of the JetPCL program by Tech Know Systems. We support all the data translations JetPCL supports and the majority of the options. We also give you access to make a complete command line.
The following are changes from RPM Select to RPM Elite:
- Enhanced print speed by increasing the number of print tasks from 2 to 5. Furthermore, you can adjust the number of tasks up to 256, though we don't guarantee that will make your printing faster on a given platform. Please see the RPM Elite print speed page for details.
- Device limit defaults to 99, instead of 10.