Printing to Tektronix Phaser 560
How do I print to a Tektronix Phaser 560 using INTELLIscribe?
First, the installation instructions for the network card on this printer state that the LPD queue name of "AUTO" or "PS" must be used, all upper case. Quoting from the TEK web site:
- [For the Name or address of host providing LPD: enter the printer IP Address. For the name of printer on the machine: type AUTO or PS in all UPPERCASE letters (lowercase letters will not work).]
Second, the "Tektronics Phaser 560 Extended," should use the PSCRIPT.DRV "box" driver, which comes with Windows95/98 rather than a driver (e.g. "ADOBEPS4.DRV") from some vendor-supplied media.
Our recommendation to resolve this would be to first delete the Tektronics printer from the Settings/Printers window, and then to reinstall the same printer using the box driver (i.e. just the dialog that pops up when you click Add printer). This should reinstall the driver so that it does not use a language monitor. Should the problem still appear, then you need to edit the registry. Follow these steps to edit the registry:
- Choose Start\Run. In the text box, type "Regedit". Then press OK.
- Open the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows 4.0\Drivers\Tektronix Phaser 560 Extended" key
- Determine what print driver is being used (e.g. "ADOBEPS4.DRV" or "PSCRIPT.DRV)
- Finally, change all the entries which read "ADOBEPS4.DRV" to "PSCRIPT.DRV".
Note: This assumes you have previously installed a PostScript printer, which you can check for by searching in that vicinity of the registry for the "PSCRIPT.DRV" string. If you cannot find it, then just install any PostScript printer (e.g. Lexmark Optra S PS, HP LaserJet 4 PostScript , etc.) and then delete the printer, selecting "no" at the prompt to delete driver files.