RPM is no longer licensed
Recently, RPM Remote Print Manager® (RPM) stopped printing. The Brooks License Manager now states that the license has expired even though it has been activated previously.
During installation, our software products generate a serial number using the MAC address of the installed network card. If you have recently made any modifications to networking, such as:
- Running the software on a Windows virtual machine that generates a different MAC address often
- Installation of a new network card
- Removal of a network card
- Disabling an onboard network device
- Upgrading the motherboard firmware with an onboard network device
- Moving a network card from one PCI slot to another
The serial number will be invalidated. Once invalidated, the license will expire next time the computer is restarted. If this is the case, you must contact us and request the license be reset.