RPM 5.0 - Installation Guide
Prior to installing RPM, log on as the computer Administrator account or another account with administrative privileges.
- An Intel compatible computer; Pentium minimum
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or later
- Elite only: Internet Explorer version 7 or later; or Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera
- 32 MB memory minimum. 512 MB or more is recommended.
- 30 MB free disk space for installed executables and other files
- Adequate disk space for incoming data-recommended 1 GB minimum
Note Additional resources may be necessary depending on the number of print jobs and complexity of the RPM configuration.
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Install the trial version of RPM by executing the setup program downloaded from our website.
- At the Welcome screen, click Next.
- License Agreement After reading and agreeing to the terms of the end-user license agreement, choose I accept the agreement and click Next to proceed. If you do not accept the terms, setup will not continue.
- Select Destination Location Click Browse if you want to change the destination folder for RPM. We recommend you accept the default: C:\Program Files\Brooks Internet Software\RPM. Click Next.
- Ready to Install Review the installation information and click Install. During this step, an exception is added to the Windows Firewall to enable printing. After installation is complete, click Finish. Setup may prompt you restart your computer in certain circumstances. If prompted, choose Yes.
Note If you have purchased RPM, after installing the trial version, you can activate the software.
The RPM service is configured to start automatically. To begin configuring the software, select RPM from the program group in the Start menu.