RPM Text Markup Transform
What it does
Converts plain text to text markup for use with transforms or actions which require text markup input. Recognizes conventions for bold, underlining and overprint. Also does cleanup of nulls and line terminators.
Much of the functionality of RPM is wrapped up in its ability to translate a number of data formats into text markup, and then do something useful with that text markup. Otherwise, we would have to host individual conversions from, let's say, plain text to PDF, PCL, HTML, email message, Windows printing, etc.
In order to accomplish that we introduce our own intermediate format, text markup. This transform gives access to the settings that govern the final results you get from text markup.
Please see the Text Markup Portal for a more broad overview of how text markup is used in RPM.
- Page Margins Select the size (in inches) of the top, bottom, left, and right margins.
- Calculate layout Automatically rotate the page orientation and scale the font to fit the data within a given page size.
- Max portrait width If "Calculate layout" is enabled, enter the maximum width, in characters, before the page is rotated to landscape.
- Use Longest Line If "Calculate layout" is enabled, select this option to use the longest line as the actual page width.
- Trim trailing spaces While calculating layout, do not count trailing spaces when calculating characters per inch.
- Use Lines per inch When selected, the vertical size of the font will be scaled to print only the configured number of lines per inch.
Note: Use the following formula to calculate lines per inch. LPI = Lines / (Paper Height - (left margin + right margin))
- Fit lines per page When selected, the font size will be scaled to fit the configured number of lines on the page.
- Use Characters per inch When selected, the horizontal size of the font will be scaled to print the configured number of characters per inch.
Note: Use the following formula to calculate characters per inch. CPI = Characters / (Paper Width - (left margin + right margin))
- Fit columns per line When selected, the font size will be scaled to fit the configured number of characters horizontally on the page.
- Select Font Click the Font button to change the font to be applied to the entire document when printed.
- Input codepage The character set, or encoding, of the incoming print documents.
- Orientation Specifies the orientation to be used during output.
- Wrap lines RPM will add line breaks if a line does not fit within the printable width of the paper. If not selected, long lines will be truncated.
- Remove control characters Non-whitespace characters with an ASCII value less than 0x19 will be removed.
- Suppress blank pages If the document has any blank pages, they will not be printed. You may want this option turned off if you are printing duplex documents.