How to set up RPM to receive from a DEC VAX
I am trying to print from a Dec VAX. The problem is that the OCX software does not support LPR printing! However, it will use Telnet. Can I set up RPM Remote Print Manager this way?
Set the DEC VAX to send to port 9100 and the printer queue name to the RPM queue name.
You also need to configure RPM to receive on Telnet 9100. Follow these steps:
- In the RPM UI, select Options/Protocols:
- In the Protocol type, use "Telnet".
- In the TCP/IP port, type "9100", and click Add.
- Choose the queue that will receive jobs from the Dec VAX.
- Click OK, Then OK again on the Server Protocols dialog.
- Choose Yes to restart server protocols.