I cannot print a banner page on my Lexmark printer
I'm trying to print to a Lexmark printer. When I specify yes to print a banner page, the printer still does not print one. Is there a way to print a banner page to a Lexmark printer?
The Lexmark Marknet print server does not handle the banner page issue as the RFC1179 specifications say. You can tell the printer to print a banner page for all LPD print jobs by doing the following:
- Telnet to the printer. Select Start\Run... and type: telnet ipaddress 9000.
- At the menu, press 5 (Set LPD options) and press enter.
- Press 3 (Enable/Disable banner page on all lpr jobs) and press enter. Verify that this option shows ( Enabled )
- Enter 'X' to return to the main menu. Enter 'S' to save changes.
- Once the changes are saved, test the banner page by printing through INTELLIscribe.
The Lexmark printer should now print a banner page for all jobs printed using the LPR/LPD protocol. You do not need to specify 'yes' in the banner page option in INTELLIscribe since now the printer will print the banner whether you request it or not.