Print to a specific tray using PCL
I need to send IPDS print jobs to a specific source drawer (paper input tray) on my printer. How do I know on which tray the job will be printed?
You need to know the following three things.
- Which tray you want to print to
- What PCL command your printer uses for that tray
- The source drawer specified in the IPDS file on your host system
ExcelliPrint takes the source drawer specified by the host system and converts it to a PCL escape sequence.
- If source = 1 use PCL command <Esc>&l1H
- source = 2 PCL command = <Esc>&l4H
- source = 3 PCL command = <Esc>&l5H
- source = 4 PCL command = <Esc>&l8H
- source = 5 PCL command = <Esc>&l9H
- source = 6 PCL command = <Esc>&l10H
- source = Envelope (65) PCL command = <Esc>&l6H
- source = Manual (33) PCL command = <Esc>&l2H
- source = Manual Envelope (96) PCL command = <Esc>&l3H
Note: To print to a different tray, you must change the IPDS print job on the host system. Changing ExcelliPrint settings will not change the tray from which the job is printed.