INTELLIscribe Quick Start Guide
Create a Virtual Printer Port
The first goal in getting started with INTELLIscribe® is to create a virtual printer port. The Virtual Printer Port Wizard will guide you, step by step, through this process. The Virtual Printer Port Wizard guides you through the following tasks:
- Configure Port Type a name for the port. If multiple destinations will be used, choose a port policy.
- Add Destinations Type the hostname or IP address, then select a protocol and port for each new destination and click the Add Destination button.
- Configure Protocol Options Customize each destination by entering protocol-specific configuration.
Create a Windows Printer
The second goal in getting started is to create a Windows® printer and assign the virtual printer port to this printer. The Windows Printer Wizard provided by Microsoft guides you through this process.
The Windows Printer Wizard accomplishes the following tasks, not necessarily in order, depending on the version of Windows you are using:
- Choose the way this printer is attached to your computer, local or network. According to Windows, a printer utilizing INTELLIscribe is a "local printer." Do not allow Windows to automatically detect your "plug and play" printer.
- Select the type of printer from a list of manufacturers and models.
- Select the port that this printer will print to. Here you choose the virtual printer port created in the Virtual Printer Port Wizard. On Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista you can create a new virtual printer port at this time.
- Choose from various other options such as whether it will be the default printer and whether or not you want to print a test page.
- Provide a unique name for the printer.