Founded in 1995, Brooks develops TCP/IP network printing solutions that allow Windows-based computers to print to and receive data from non-Windows computers:
- INTELLIscribe® for sending print requests
- RPM Remote Print Manager® for receiving host print requests
- ExcelliPrint® for receiving AFP/IPDS print requests from IBM mainframe and midrange servers.
Many corporate websites include a long list of well-known customers. We don't; our customers, in most cases, have told us that they prefer we do not identify them because it opens the door to competitors begging them to take a look at their offerings.
So, who uses our products?
- 9 of the top 10 Fortune companies (2010)
- 68 of the Fortune 100 (2010)
- 273 of the Fortune 1000 (2010)
- most of the major printer vendors call us directly, and many refer clients to us
- all of the major US broadcast networks, either corporate or affiliate stations or both
- thousands of hospitals
- auto manufacturers worldwide
We could give many more examples. But, overall, we have customers in 121 countries.
We are dedicated to being the internet-based printing solution community leader by developing and publishing exceptional printing software. Our primary goal is to create high-quality, cost-effective, easy-to-use, TCP/IP network printing products for our customers and provide the best service and support possible. To achieve this goal, we must meet the following conditions:
- Customers must be able to find our solutions through the internet easily
- Customers must be able to install, use, and receive support, if needed, on trial versions of our software
- Customers must be able to identify a clear Return on Investment (ROI) by purchasing our software
Founded in 1995 by Dave Brooks, Brooks Internet Software was one of the first internet-based companies in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Dave, a long-time resident of Alaska who came to Idaho as a software engineer, wanted to create a high-tech company where employees could use and embrace new technologies even though those technologies, at the time, were still being proven. His vision, expertise, and talent for great software have led the company to where it is today.
When Dave Brooks founded Brooks Internet Software, he wanted to create a company where employees would be proud to. Years later, this philosophy is still the driving force behind the way we do business. Brooks Internet Software strives to maintain the highest business ethics and integrity while embodying some simple principles that express our corporate values. Those simple principles include:
- Always take care of the customer first
- Work smart and work hard
- Maintain professional and courteous relationships with others
- Do what is best for the company
- Take the initiative in your work and be happy
Our commitment to these values creates a focused and positive atmosphere for our employees.
Our software products employ the same philosophies as the company itself:
- Meet real customer needs
- Embrace technologies that solve actual problems rather than technologies being marketed as "cool" by the industry
- Find ways to help the customer in his or her work
Our print server products embrace compatibility with both client platforms and the Windows print environment. Our print client software raises the user's print experience to a new level by offering easy reprint and multiple destinations printing. All our software is designed to work unobtrusively, behind the scenes.
We back our software with outstanding service. The corporate philosophy is also ingrained in how we service our customers: always take care of the customer first and maintain professional and courteous relationships with others. Everyone at Brooks understands the importance of building and maintaining these relationships, many of whom have prospered since 1995. Our employees are talented, well-trained, and dedicated professionals who take pride in servicing any potential or current customer who contacts our office.
In addition to outstanding service, our software is backed by exceptional technical support. Our Online Support Libraries include:
- FAQs by either issue or topic
- Product setup
- Systems setup
- Software manuals
All these materials are available to customers 24/7 on our website. For customers who maintain current Software Upgrade & Maintenance (SUM), we offer email and telephone support during our regular office hours (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm MST) and by appointment. Our commitment to responding to customers within 48 business hours is usually far exceeded as our technicians often respond within minutes. Our technicians are proud of their knowledge and are motivated to learn about and resolve the next customer's problem. Through customer emails from impressed technical industry types, we are constantly reminded that our technical staff is simply the best.
Every company has press releases, even though they are not as common in 2023 as they used to be.