Proudly presenting ExcelliPrint® version history, from the beginning. ExcelliPrint is based in part on another product which we acquired rights to; hence, we started at version 2.
Version 184.108.40.206 released 1 June 2010
Changes in Premium only:
- Searchable PDFs
- PDF passwords
- Print to email--send converted print jobs as attachments
- Plain text driver--generate plain text from IPDS print job
- Job data used in archive print job name, including username
- Improved TIFF and JPEG options
Changes for Premium and Standard:
- PCL tray mapping
- Back up and restore configuration
- Improved bar code rendering
Version 220.127.116.11 released 12 June 2007
- Runs on Windows Vista
- Now supports 6 paper trays and 3 envelope feeders
- PCL output now uses tray selection specified by the host system
- Resolved issue with IPDS communication from InfoPrint Manager for Windows
- Added option to separate jobs based on page group
- Improved host font rendering
- Improved overlay processing
- Improved image decoding
Version 18.104.22.168 released 22-Aug-2006
Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- Various rendering and positioning issues
- PCL barcode rotation issues
- PCL bold/italic issues
- PDF Letter Gothic bold/italic issues
ExcelliPrint 3.0 is split into ExcelliPrint Premium and ExcelliPrint Standard
Version 22.214.171.124 released 17-May-2006
Printer Resident Font Updates
- A new Letter Gothic font is bundled with ExcelliPrint; this resolves issues with 15cpi Letter Gothic printouts.
- An OCR-A font is bundled with ExcelliPrint; previously, Courier New was used.
- Certain Font Global Identifiers (FGIDs) that mapped incorrectly to the SimSun font now map to Courier New.
- FGIDs 400, 404, 408, and 412 were mapped incorrectly; they now map to Lucida Console, a Windows font that better emulates 17cpi Gothic Text.
- An issue has been resolved with an extra digit being added with code 3 of 9 barcodes.
- Enhancements have been made to improve output quality of IPDS to PCL.
Version 126.96.36.199, released 14-Mar-2006
- ExcelliPrint supports multiple output destinations
- Color support and rendering are improved
- Additional codepages have been added and can be selected by the user
- Document output when printing and archiving is more efficient
- ExcelliPrint's browser-based interface has been enhanced
- A system tray utility provides quick access to advanced settings
- ExcelliPrint can move iSeries spool files between IPDS devices
Version 188.8.131.52, released 23-Feb-2005
- ExcelliPrint incorrectly reported support for fixed metric fonts
- Fixes minor issues with image decoding and document shading
- Fixes rotation issue in the BCOCA IPDS tower
- Host-resident font fixes, including better support for variable space characters
- Fixed a problem where certain page offsets were not handled correctly
- Added support for ASCII codepages
- PDF relative positioning issues resolved
Version 184.108.40.206, released 12-Jan-2005
- First release