- Prints to any printer attached locally to your computer or connected to your PC over the network. If you can print to it from other Windows applications, RPM can print to it too.
- You can use the standard Windows Print Setup dialog; supports all the options provided by the printer driver, such as orientation and n-up printing.
- Detects physical page size and orientation supported by your printer, and adjusts the margin settings automatically.
- Provides access to all fonts supported by your printer.
- RPM can calculate "best fit" by examining your data, or you can configure characters per line and lines per page.
- Can wrap lines or truncate.
- RPM scales font size automatically to fit a given line width and height.
- Supports starting and ending on any page number.
- Archive, reprint, cancel and other job management features supported.
- Optionally converts line-feeds to carriage-return/line-feed to better accommodate DOS printers and applications.
- RPM text printing supports overprinting (bold and underline text).
- RPM can modify your print data by removing bytes from the beginning, and by inserting or appending a file (or custom byte sequence) to the data.
- If RPM fails to print a job due to a destination failure, RPM continues to retry printing automatically.
- Print jobs can optionally be held and will print when manually released.
- Output the same document to multiple destinations with the use of actions.
- Handles multiple data files in a single print job.
- Supports the following actions for print document output:
- Text printing action supports all Windows printers; Elite only: text watermarks
- Raw printing action prints preformatted documents bypassing print drivers
- Archive to folder action saves documents to disk with a variety of configurable options
- Filter action runs a program when documents are received
- Email action sends print documents to an email recipient
- Copy to queue action places the job in another RPM queue for further customization.
- Elite only: convert HP PCL files to PDF, supports PDF password, security, metadata and more
- Elite only: you can run programs of your choice on your print data, prior to printing
- Translate strings of characters with optional regular expression syntax.
- Remove all PCL/PJL escape sequence.
- Convert legacy SCS, EBCDIC, and ASA carriage control (FORTRAN) data.
- Convert print documents to PCL for fast printer driving and special applications.
- PDF output, which emulates the text printing, giving a true electronic copy of what was once intended for a printer. Plus Elite only: watermarks and PDF passwords, other security.
- Excellent Unicode support, reading and writing UCS-2 and UTF-8 files. Text printing takes full advantage of your installed code page support. PDF supports Asian, ISO and a number of other character sets and fonts.
- Multi-threaded print output for concurrent processing to multiple devices, making sure small jobs don't wait behind larger ones.
- When a printer goes down, or when it recovers, there's an optional email which could go to your cell phone or email inbox.
- Email status when the job is complete.
RPM can allow or restrict print access based on an IP address or hostname.
Other security-related information can be found on our LPD Vulnerability Issues page.