UNIX Printing Made Easy at The Stewart Organization
With RPM Remote Print Manager®, UNIX print jobs have access to the advanced printing functions of Windows®-based printers. Adding and deleting printers in UNIX is much simpler.
Product RPM Elite & Select
Date: March 16, 2005
Printable: PDF Version
When printing from a UNIX server, The Stewart Organization wanted access to all the printing functions available with Windows-based print drivers (for example, tray selection, duplexing, and collating).
Solution: RPM Select and RPM Elite
The Stewart Organization selected RPM because of its functionality, ease of use, price, and available technical support. With RPM in place, the application on the UNIX platform sends print jobs to RPM which then routes the jobs to different printers on the network.
With RPM, The Stewart Organization has experienced the following improvements:
- The printing scenario has improved tremendously, with Windows printing functions available on UNIX print jobs
- Adding and deleting printers in the UNIX application is much easier
- Existing reports and other print jobs needed no modification on the UNIX server
- RPM text queue print formatting options were sufficient for fitting print jobs on existing preprinted forms
About the Customer
For more than 20 years, The Stewart Organization has been reinventing the business equipment industry, redefining the meaning of service and customer commitment.
As a result, it is one of the largest and fastest growing office machine companies in the country.
Relevant Topics: adding windows printers, deleting windows printers, unix formatting, formatting unix printers, advanced printing functions, print format reports, modifying unix spool files, receiving unix spool files, print jobs unix
Other Case Studies
- Canadian Western Bank: HP-UX Report Formatting
- Pyramid Corporation: UNIX-to-Windows Printing and Formatting
- Mercury Insurance Group: 60% Less Printed Output and Data Archiving
- Large Newspaper: Simpler Billing and Data Archiving
- All Case Studies