License FAQ • Requirements • Trial restrictions • Extend trial • LiveTrial • How to license • Store the license • No more licenses • Supported • Renewed • New server • Username • Reset • New license • Module status • Deactivate • Migrate
How to license the software
First, let’s go over the information for your license that RPM automatically provides for you:
- A unique serial number
- A product code that you don’t need to worry about, which tells us which edition of RPM you are using
This is what you need to be ready with:
- A company name, which hopefully you would know
- A unique username which we’ll talk about more in a moment
- The order number from us, which includes the license you are activating
- An authentication code, or auth code for short which we will provide you; this code goes with the order number
Note that an order number could be from an invoice or receipt and that we make no distinction between the two for the license. In our system, it is a unique reference to an order whether purchased online or more traditionally.
Our license activation system uses the order number and auth code that you submit when you activate the license to track down and uniquely identify the available license we have for you. We created this license in our system at the time of purchase.
Regarding the username: our backend license database requires that we have a unique username for each license in a given company.
We recommend using the computer name as the username since it is a better identifier and is typically unique throughout an organization. The computer name often works better than an individual’s name since people tend to adopt new responsibilities and move around in an organization more than computers do.
A Windows user account is not required to use that name during activation. This field can be any text or numeric value, provided it is unique.
If you are connected to the Internet:
- Follow the Internet activation instructions
- You are now done
If you are NOT connected to the Internet:
- Use the Get activation key form to get an activation key and the support expiration date
- Use that information with the Manual activation instructions
- You are now done
You may always contact our sales or technical staff for assistance with any of these instructions.