for Immediate Release
User-Friendly LPR Functionality
New INTELLIscribe 2.0 Has More User-Friendly LPR Functionality
than Out-of-the-Box Microsoft Windows 2000/NT
Idaho Falls, ID - November 7, 2001 - Now available for Windows® 2000/NT, INTELLIscribe® 2.0 has dozens of features that help users print with greater flexibility and speed than "out-of-the-box" Microsoft Windows 2000/NT. Developed by Brooks Internet Software, Inc., a leader in TCP/IP network print software, INTELLIscribe 2.0 is the smarter printing choice for Windows 2000/NT users.
"Brooks' customers are power users who need a fully-loaded network printing product," says Dave Brooks, president Brooks Internet Software. "Even though Windows 2000/NT provides a level of printing some users can adapt to, INTELLIscribe 2.0's users' options make more sense for a fast-paced business environment."
INTELLIscribe 2.0 is a PC-based LPR/LPD and JetDirect print client software designed specifically for Windows environments. INTELLIscribe 2.0 gives users the ability to spool jobs to any AS/400, UNIX, Windows-based system or hardware print device-without a network server. INTELLIscribe has a solid track record as a robust and useful tool for enabling and enhancing network printing capabilities.
The user-friendly interface in INTELLIscribe 2.0 allows users to easily view on-screen print status information, configure '"Virtual Printer Ports" and job processing features, and interactively manage printing as desired. INTELLIscribe can reroute print jobs when a printer fails; print to multiple destinations; archive and reprint; and a host of other advanced capabilities designed for power users.
Enhanced Printing Options of the Windows 2000/NT Version
- Broadcast Printing: Print the same document to more than one printer at a time.
- Advanced User Interface: Gives an on-screen view of the status of your documents with the ability to cancel, delete or reprint at any time. The Job Properties option allows the user to see detailed information about any documents printing on the network.
- Failover Printing: If the main printer is out of service, INTELLIscribe can automatically reroute print jobs to another printer. Many destinations can be configured.
- History Maintenance and Archiving: Print jobs are archived for a user-specified number of days or removed once the print job is complete.
- Automated Setup: Brooks Internet Software can customize the INTELLIscribe set up to automatically install printers in the Windows Print Manager and configure "Virtual Printer Ports" during installation.
- Setup Replication: INTELLIscribe can be configured initially to back up the "Virtual Printer Port" configuration to a Windows registry file.
Additional Out-of-the-Box Features of INTELLIscribe 2.0 include:
- Print Queue Consolidation: Provides the ability to eliminate job contention on the print device by directing all user print jobs to a central print queue, vastly improving LAN/WAN efficiency.
- Spool & Format on Local PC: Spools independent of the network server to reduce demand on the network server or spooler. This function is well suited for remote users.
- Drag and Drop Printing: Drop any printer-ready file onto a "Virtual Printer Port" and spool it without opening an application or involving the Windows print driver.
- Command Line Interface: Send printer-ready files from one or more directories using the supplied ISendFile utility without involving the Windows print driver. This is used in many custom-printing situations.
The INTELLIscribe® product has been tested with many print systems, including AS/400; UNIX platforms such as Linux, Sun Solaris, and SCO UNIX; hardware print servers from Hewlett-Packard Co., Lexmark International, Inc., and many others; and PC print servers including RPM Remote Print Manager®. INTELLIscribe installs on Windows® 2000/XP/2003/Vista. Please feel free to download the free trial!
(*Discounts for volume pricing)
About Brooks Internet Software, Inc.
Founded in 1995, Brooks develops TCP/IP network printing solutions that allow Windows-based computers to print to and receive data from non-Windows computers: INTELLIscribe® for sending print requests, RPM Remote Print Manager® for receiving host print requests, and ExcelliPrint® for receiving AFP/IPDS print requests from IBM mainframe and midrange servers.
SOURCE: Brooks Internet Software, Inc.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Phone (800) 523-9175 or (208) 523-6970
Fax (208) 523-9482