Problems printing to an HP Laserjet 1000
I am trying print through RPM from my host system to an HP Laserjet 1000 printer. Both the text and raw type queues show that RPM successfully printed to the printer, the printer light blinks as though it is attempting to print, but nothing is printed. How can I print from RPM to the HP Laserjet 1000 printer?
The HP Laserjet 1000 series printers are host-based printers and do not support the PCL printer language typically supported by other HP Laserjet printers.
Other users have reported that RPM can successfully print to this printer using the HP Laserjet 1000 DOS driver. To locate this driver:
- Open your browser to the Hewlett Packard website
- Search the "download drivers and software" section for "laserjet 1000."
- From the list of available downloads, choose the HP LaserJet 1000 Printing Software Solution. Download and run the installation program, following the directions.
- Once the printer is installed, open the Printers and Faxes folder, right-click the HP Laserjet 1000 DOS printer and choose Properties. Open the Advanced tab, click the Print Processor button and verify that the Print Processor is set to ZPPPCL and the Default Data Type is RAW.
- Click OK on the Print Processor dialog to accept the changes and dismiss the dialog.
- On the HP Laserjet 1000 DOS Properties dialog, open the General tab and click the Print Test Page button. Verify that a Windows test page prints successfully to the printer. If not, contact your system administrator for assistance. Press Ok to save the changes and exit.
- Open RPM, double-click the queue that is printing to the HP Laserjet 1000 printer, press the Printer Setup button, and select the new printer you installed. Repeat this step for each queue that is printing to the printer.