How to get a capture file
I need tech support with ExcelliPrint. What information should I have available when contacting technical support?
You should be ready to provide your serial number. The serial number can be found in the Brooks License Manager or the Home link on the ExcelliPrint administration.
Also, you may be asked to provide a capture file. Follow these instructions to obtain a capture file.
- Open the ExcelliPrint Administration and login as an admin account.
- Click Printers, then click the ExcelliPrint Printer name.
- In the Input tab, for each port, there is a Capture column. If the capture is off, click Turn On. If it is currently On, skip this step.
- Now, print a job from your host system.
- When the job has finished printing (or failed), look in the ExcelliPrint capture folder. If installed to the default location, the capture folder is C:\Program Files\Brooks Internet Software\ExcelliPrint\capture.
- Any files with a .ebc extension are capture files and can be emailed to technical support.